When choosing art projects for our household, I gravitate toward simple concepts that allow the kids to experiment with texture and colors, creating their own masterpieces through trial and error. We happen to love wine in our home….so there is never a shortage of wine corks laying around. Up-cycling them into an art project the entire family could enjoy was a win-win for everyone. We are sharing the simple materials needed and instructions to create your own up-cycled wine cork stamp art below.
Wine Cork Stamp Art
- Wine Corks
- Assorted buttons with texture
- Hot Glue Gun
- Assorted Acrylic Craft Paints (we chose several acrylic paint colors from Testors Craft)
- Paper, or other medium
- Paper Plate or other Surface for Paint Application
- Using a small dab of hot glue, attach assorted buttons with a variety of shapes and textures to the end of a wine cork. For the best results, choose buttons in a range of sizes, shapes and textures.
- Apply small portions of acrylic craft paint to a disposable palette, such as a paper plate; the more color variation the better!
- Set out a piece of paper; construction paper, textured papers, or solid white for a blank canvas for the artist to use as their base.
- Encourage each artist to experiment with the variety of buttons, paint colors and overall design composition.
- Be sure to wipe the buttons clean once you are finished with a single paint color to prolong their use.
This wine cork stamp craft is not only easy to put together, but it is something that can be repeated again and again. Simply store the clean wine cork stamps in a large Ziplock container for a future art day. Please share what creations your family makes and the fun buttons that you stumble upon; we would love to see!!